myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while processing state
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:40:17 GMT
I've had one (maybe two) similar problems in the past.

In one, the page gets randomly truncated by the Oracle Application
Server, but runs fine elsewhere.

In another, I've seen exceptions generated in the middle of the
client-side state saving, corrupting the value -- that looks kind of
like what you have.   I think I fixed it by setting up a servlet
filter to capture exceptions, but I can't remember.   Unfortunately,
all of the magic smoke just escaped from the harddrive in my mail
archiving machine.

On 6/1/07, Peter Mahoney <pmahoney@digitalbrain.com> wrote:
> We have recently put live a new version of an application using a build
> of MyFaces core from 22nd May. Following the release I have been
> consistently seeing in the logs the following exception:
>
> javax.faces.FacesException: error while processing state : rO0ABXVyABNbTGphdmEubGFuZy5PYmplY3Q7kM5YnxBzKWwCAAB4cAAAAANzcgBHb3JnLmFwYWNoZS5teWZhY2VzLmFwcGxpY2F0aW9uLlRyZWVTdHJ1Y3R1cmVNYW5hZ2VyJFRyZWVTdHJ1Y3RDb21wb25lbnRGWR
> at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.StateUtils.reconstruct(StateUtils.java:252)
   at org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlResponseStateManager.getTreeStructureToRestore(HtmlResponseStateManager.java:164)
     at org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreTreeStructure(JspStateManagerImpl.java:218)
   at org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreView(JspStateManagerImpl.java:267)
> at org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:231)
> at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.restoreView(FaceletViewHandler.java:310) at
> Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.EOFException
> at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.StateUtils.getAsObject(StateUtils.java:321)
> at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.StateUtils.reconstruct(StateUtils.java:248)
   ... 41 more
> Caused by: java.io.EOFException
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.java:2232)
   at

> There seems to be no pattern with the length of the state String. I have been unable
to reproduce the problem myself, which makes this very difficult to solve. I wondered whether
anyone else has come across this, or whether there are any likely causes in the MyFaces code?