myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Leveraging other JSF open source libraries in MyFaces with new contribution projects?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:11:04 GMT
from the oreilly radar:

<snip>
It will be possible to merge code under those licenses into GPL3
covered software once the GPL version 3 is really out.
</snip>

That reads like GPL3 code can contain Apache/Eclipse licensed code.
Not that Apache code can contain GPL3.

Here is an interesting comment, by Larry Rosen:
http://www.rosenlaw.com/GPLv3-Comments.htm

<snip>
Apache software can now be included in GPLv3 projects.
</snip>

I am not a lawyer, so just a try to "read" those postings ;-)

-M

On 6/11/07, David Steinkopff <david.steinkopff@googlemail.com> wrote:
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/GPL-likely-to-regain-Apache-compatibility/0,130061733,339276229,00.htm
> (english)
> http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/04/gplv3_apache_li.html
> (english)
>  http://www.heise.de/open/news/meldung/90483 (german)
>
>  for example
>
> regards
> David
>

> 2007/6/11, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>:
> > where did u read it ?
> >
> > On 6/11/07, David Steinkopff <david.steinkopff@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > I read LGPLv3/GPLv3 will be compatible with Apache License 2.0. Its in
> that
> > > case possible to include dependencies to LGPLv3 code?
> > >
> > > regards
> > > David

> > > license.

> might