myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Chris Hane <chrish...@gmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] Refresh View after HTTPSession Timeout
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:54:44 GMT
I have a generic search screen (standard input form) that displays the
results on the "next" page using a <tr:table>.

If the user hits the refresh button any time prior to the HTTPSession
timeout, then the form is resubmitted and the search generated again (could
display different results if the underlying data has been updated - which
is what we want to happen).

If the user leaves (for a time greater than the HTTPSession timeout) the
results screen, comes back and hits the refresh button after the timeout,
the "Find" screen is displayed again.

I am using Trinidad 1.0 Myfaces 1.1, Jboss 4.0.x, Seam 1.2p1 with client
side state saving.

One of the first errors in the log is:

2007-06-29 15:35:17,593 ERROR [STDERR] Jun 29, 2007 3:35:17 PM
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.application.StateManagerImpl
restoreView SEVERE: Could not find saved view state for token 7cad43c0

Which is why I'm assuming it is the HTTPSession timeout.

Is there anything I can do so that the "refresh" will re-run the search and
not show the Find screen?

Thanks,
Chris....