myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jeanne Waldman <jeanne.wald...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Skinning tr:inputText
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:33:21 GMT
af|inputText.myStyleClass::label should parse in the css file to:

.af_inputText.myStyleClass .af_inputText_label {}
If it doesn't, I think it is a bug.

I'll submit a JIRA issue.

But, there is a simple workaround:

af|inputText.myStyleClass af|inputText::label {}

This is easier on the parser. :)
It parses to :
.af_inputText.myStyleClass .af_inputText_label {}

This says, "Style the dom element with the styleclass af_inputText_label
which has a parent with styleclasses af_inputText AND myStyleClass."

Then you say this:

<af:inputText styleClass="myStyleClass"/>

The 'myStyleClass' is what I call a 'marker' styleclass -- don't go
googling this, I made up the term. :)
It's a way to mark this particular inputText so you can use your style
definition for only the inputText's that have this marker.

I can post blogs for skinning with tips like this. Where should I put these?

Thanks,

- Jeanne