myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jeanne Waldman <jeanne.wald...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [trinidad] Beginner Skinner Questions
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:19:57 GMT
Every skin extends the simple skin. In the source code, this is the
base-desktop.xss and the simple-desktop.xss files. You can look at these
to see what the defaults are, what aliases are used, etc.
Or you can set your skin-family to simple, and run a page, and look at
the generated css to see what is set by default. Then you can override
those css properties in your skin or you can inhibit them with -tr-inhibit.

You can look at the demo bundle, and the purple skin, for examples of
the syntax you are supposed to use.

disabling content compression in web.xml like Simon suggested is a good
way to debug since it shows the uncompressed style names.

And Firebug is really a cool tool. You can inspect an element, and then
it shows the css that is applied to it in a pane to the right. It will
also show you all the inherited css properties (like those that you
might get from body, for example).

- Jeanne