myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Basham <bbas...@stillsecure.com>
Subject Re: Creating a custom converter tag
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:29:05 GMT
kindsol wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> Can you send me what you are using for your .tld, taglib.xml, and
> faces-config.xml entries for this custom converter tag?  I think those
> are the only three files required to register a custom tag -- no?
>
> Thanks :)
>
> -Sol

Here is the entry for the TLD file:
------------------
    <tag>
        <description>
            This tag specifies a converter for a generalized Boolean type.
        </description>
        <name>booleanConverter</name>
        <tag-class>
            org.stillsecure.cobia.web.converters.tags.BooleanConverterTag
        </tag-class>
        <attribute>
            <description>
                The type of names used to display the Boolean value.
                This is a symbolic name, such as 'STANDARD' or 'YES/NO'.
                These symbolic names are defined in code currently.
                TODO: make these names configurable and not hard-coded.
            </description>
            <name>type</name>
            <required>true</required>
        </attribute>
    </tag>
------------------

Here's the entry for the faces-config file:
------------------
    <converter>
        <description>
            Converts a java.lang.Boolean object.
        </description>
        <converter-id>converter.Boolean</converter-id>

<converter-class>org.stillsecure.cobia.web.converters.BooleanConverter</converter-class>
    </converter>

Do you still need the source code?  I could resend these files with a
different
extension or group them in a ZIP file.  Let me know if you need these.

-Bryan