myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject [Trinidad] client-side panel swapping
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:08:44 GMT
Hi, in a page of mine showing a few panels, I was considering to provide
client-side facilities through js and buttons to enable users to swap
panels. Panels are basically TD elements, according to several possible
Trinidad container components.
Now I wonder about any side-effect concerning PPR. In theory the server
should not be concerned with panel ordering - since submits are carried
out by id - and I could even propagate this scrambling across requests
by means of a hidden field tracking ordering changes.
But I wish to collect a few remarks before I try, since I don't know the
extents side-effects might surface.
Comments are welcome.