myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Joe ONeil <josephon...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: More Than One Forms in JSF Page Lead To Problems
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:51:42 GMT

I had the same problem there was a design change between MyFaces 1.13 and
1.15 to the way the
forms work I was originally allow to have one form for the whole page but
when upgrading to 1.15
That no longer work I had to break it into multiple forms either in
panelgrids or Panel groups also I gave each form a specific id name. These
names should not be the same as on other Jsp because  JSF/IE seems to keep
in memory the previous page so if something has the same name and looks the
same it does not completely reender the page but uses information from the
You also have to move the form tags around and experiment and you should
shut down the browser window and open a new window because the browse
sometimes "remembers" the previous page and give the same error but if you
open a new window it will work. If I have been making a lot of changes
closing the browser is not enough and I have to restart the server with a
new window.
I have attach a example web file with out the jars  It uses myfaces 1.15 and
Tomahawk 1.15