myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Started using Myfaces 1.1.5 and every page is broken (duplicate ID in the faces tree Component)
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 17:04:57 GMT
Helmut Swaczinna schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> after switching to myFaces 1.1.5 I had many problems in my pages also.
> Code that worked with 1.1.4 didn't
> work with 1.1.5. I found out that all problems had the same cause: a
> session scoped compoment binding.
> After removing this evering works fine. But the question is, why worked
> the session scoped compoment binding
> with 1.1.4? What is the corrent behavior?

Good question... why it worked in 1.1.4 that a session scoped component
binding throws a lot of errors can be expected...
So I assume 1.1.5 behaves correctly.

Since components are request centric, they have to be also request
centric in their bindings.
You still can bind components to session scoped objects, springs
aop:proxy for instance would allow this.