myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is problem with myfaces ?
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 20:09:12 GMT
"Base is null" means that the base object of the EL expression is
null. In this case, #{loginFormBean} is evaluating to null. So the
variable resolver is not finding "loginFormBean" in any of the JSF
contexts and is not auto-creating it.

Could you post how you register this bean?

Also, as for jars make sure you don't have jsf-api, jsf-impl as you
mentioned, but also make sure myfaces-api and myfaces-impl are the
only myfaces jars in your classpath.

Also make sure you have this in your web.xml:

  <listener>
    <listener-class>
      org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
    </listener-class>
  </listener>