myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Wynn" <bigwy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation about MyFacesGenericPortlet
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 19:06:43 GMT
On 5/9/07, Kevin Irmscher <kevin.irmscher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> is there any documentation available about the structure of MyFaces,
> especially about MyFacesGenericPortlet. I'm looking for an overview
> how the JSF lifecycle is mapped to the portlet lifecycle, sequence
> diagrams and so on.

>From what I've seen of the source code this is the mapping:

Portlet  Action Phase
    Restore view
    Apply request values; process events
    Process validations; process events
    Update model values; process events
    Invoke application; process events

Portlet Render Phase
  Restore view (conditional depending on whether or not an action was performed)
  Render response

It gets the initial view id from portlet.xml.  Also, it (used to?)
transfer the facescontext between portlet action and render using the
portletsession and also keep the facescontext around between requests
in the session (1.1.1).  I overrode this behavior to only keep the
view id in session between requests and released the facescontext post
render.  IMHO not releasing the facescontext after Portlet Render is a
potential problem.

 I couldn't find this information on the web. Can