myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Danny Robinson" <dannyjrobin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] How to add a custom JavaScript resource script
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 14:11:42 GMT
The simplest route I found was the following:

Copy your YourScript.js to META-INF/adf/jsLibs in your custom component jar.

Then in your renderer add the following code.  This will cause your script
to be added only once the first time your component is used in a page.

    @Override
    protected void findTypeConstants(Type type)
    {

        super.findTypeConstants(type);
        scriptLib = new LibraryScriptlet("YourScript", null);

    }

    @Override
    protected void encodeAll(FacesContext context, RenderingContext arc,
UIComponent component, FacesBean bean) throws IOException
    {

        // output the popup javascript library
        scriptLib.outputScriptlet(context, arc);

        ...do your encoding here

    }

    private Scriptlet scriptLib;

Regards,