myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Nebinger, David" <dnebin...@tbbgl.com>
Subject RE: Source code of myfaces and tomahawa 1.1.3
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 17:00:17 GMT
Because I don't need to build yet another package just to get source.
Plus I don't want to be on the cutting edge, I want to stay with
production releases.  Go to any other apache project (i.e. all of the
jakarta guys) and SVN is an option, but you can also download the binary
jars, source zips, and (sometimes) a javadoc archive.

Why should myfaces, tomahawk, tobago, etc. be any different?

________________________________

	From: Grant Smith [mailto:work.grant@gmail.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:16 PM
	To: MyFaces Discussion
	Subject: Re: Source code of myfaces and tomahawa 1.1.3

	Why not just check out the version from SVN, and build the src
jars with maven ?

	On 5/16/07, Nebinger, David <dnebinger@tbbgl.com > wrote:

		That's great if you don't mind surfing through SVN to
find the head for a specific file.  But try finding the version in the
list that represents the file that was released for 1.1.3...

		If we can download the jars, why can we not also
download a zip of the source used for the jar?  I mean seriously, if
you're trying to debug something in eclipse you need the source just to
set breakpoints, step through the code, etc.