myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Nebinger, David" <dnebin...@tbbgl.com>
Subject RE: Access portal user information in JSF Portlet application
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 15:13:23 GMT
> I have a JSF application in a Liferay Portal rendered as
> portlet using MyFacesGenericPortlet class. I want to access
> user information that is provided by the portal.

I'm not sure what you're going after, but I'm using
request.getRemoteUser().  It returns the liferay user id for the logged
in user.

Rather than trying to hack my additional user info into liferay, I've
got a separate table keyed by liferay user id.  So the portlet gets the
remote user and then looks up the additional user info (or, if you need
the liferay stuff, you can use the liferay user id to get to it also).