myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Torin Chichirico" <To...@useful-networks.com>
Subject variable managed bean name in JSF EL
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 19:20:31 GMT
I'm still kind of new to JSF, so this may be more of a general JSF
question, but I'm wondering if there's any way in JSF or MyFaces to do
the following:

I have a JSF page that I want to include in multiple other JSF pages and
I need to pass a value containing the name of a managed bean from the
parent page to the included JSF page.  Then in the included page I want
to use the value managed bean name variable in JSF expressions.  So the
included JSF page would look something like this...

<% String managedBeanName =
(String)request.getAttribute("managedBeanName");%>

<h:graphicImage id="image" url="#{<managedBeanName>.image}" />

Is there a way to substitute my variable in the JSF expression and have
it call the method on the correct bean?  Or is there a better way to do
what I'm trying to do here?  Unfortunately we're still using JSP as our
view.... haven't converted to facelets yet.  Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

- Torin