myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Garner, Shawn" <shawn.gar...@vangent.com>
Subject RE: <redirect /> and FacesMessage problem
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:16:37 GMT
So I don't need to register a PhaseListener or anything?

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:mario@ops.co.at]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:40 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: <redirect /> and FacesMessage problem

Hi!
> I was checking out the RedirectTracker documentation.  Is there any
> installation/usage documents other than the javadoc?

To make use of the RedirectTracker you have to:

* add the myfaces sandbox to your project
* configure the init paramter
"org.apache.myfaces.redirectTracker.POLICY" in your web.xml, set it to
one of the following values:

**
org.apache.myfaces.custom.redirectTracker.policy.FullRedirectTrackPolicy
captures the locale, request scoped beans, messages

**
org.apache.myfaces.custom.redirectTracker.policy.MessagesRedirectTrackPo
licy
captures messages only

**
org.apache.myfaces.custom.redirectTracker.policy.NoopRedirectTrackPolicy
captures nothing - the default

* configure org.apache.myfaces.redirectTracker.MAX_REDIRECTS if required
(default is 20)

If everything went fine you should see an additional parameter "_rtid="
added to the url (after the redirect). This will be used to find the
captured data within the session. Simply adding the data to the session
will not work with browser back, reload, multiple windows etc.

Hope this helps for a start.

Ciao,
Mario