myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Garner, Shawn" <shawn.gar...@vangent.com>
Subject RE: <redirect /> and FacesMessage problem
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:25:56 GMT
Probably not the best case scenario but it sounds like you could use a
custom converter.

I assume that will get called every time.

Shawn

________________________________

From: Steve Torrefranca [mailto:storrefranca@branders.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 3:19 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: <redirect /> and FacesMessage problem

i have thought of using a validator.  the only problem is that if the
value is null, the validator isn't called.

the message needs to warn/remind user (does not give an error and let
the user continue) that he/she has left these fields blank.  i cn't use
required="true" either since we allow fields to be null and all we do is
display the null values of the previous page.  It's weird I know but
well.... <sigh>

therefore we do the validation on the event method and build the
Messages there as we redirect the user to the next page.

-Steve

Garner, Shawn wrote:

You can have application level messages and validation level messages.

If you create a message in your application method you would expect it
to display on the next page regardless of which page you navigate to.

This is in contrast to a validation message which it must pass the
validation phase.

Shawn