myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Yaron Spektor" <yaron.spek...@b6systems.com>
Subject com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener Exception
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:21:48 GMT
Hi

I was wondering if any of you had any experience with this bug:

Were using sun RI and tomahawk 1.1.5.

Java version 1.5.0_10_b03

As well as Spring and Hibernate. Up to a week ago every thing worked
fine on our tomcat 5.5.20 on Windows

When we moved to our environment on Fedora, we get this error

11:21:08 ERROR - Exception sending context initialized event to listener
instance of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener

javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
[Ljava.lang.String;

            at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListe
ner.java:310)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.j
ava:3763)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4211
)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:759)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:9
04)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java
:867)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:474)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:31
0)

            at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:119)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)

            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

            at
a:39)

            at
Impl.java:25)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: [Ljava.lang.String;

            at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
.java:1355)

            at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
.java:1201)

            at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.configure(ConfigureListener.java:
615)

            at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.configure(ConfigureListener.java:
375)

            at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListe
ner.java:306)

We have been using some IBM JSF implementation that we removed, but it
didn't help.

We removed all the managed beans from our faces_config.xml

We also just tried to run an html page, but it seems that tomcat can not
come up (the default tomcat index.jsp page does work though)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yaron