myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Frozone <pereira.cl...@gmail.com>
Subject ProgressBar
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:15:47 GMT

Hi Newsgroup,

I'm really getting mad with this thing. For an application with an
file-upload I want the user to see the progress of the file-uplaod.
I already implemented the file upload which works fine. The user can upload
an excel sheet and the programm iterates through it and saves the content
into a mySQL database. Now there are about 10.000 rows and it takes some
time until the whole file is read. Can I anyhow show the user the progress?
A ProgressBar would be the best thing I guess but I did not get any one to
work. Does anybody have a tutorial or some code snippets for me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greetz
Frozone