myfaces-users mailing list archives

From I Faces <myfa...@purpleblade.net>
Subject <t:saveState> not working - not serializing correctly.
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:03:30 GMT

I have an xhtml page with t:saveState references a backing bean.  The backing
bean is serializable and I have two methods private void readObject, private
void writeObject however neither of these get called.

As I understand it these methods should get called when an object is
serialized.  Is there something wrong with the JSF implementation of
saveState such that these methods do not get called as they should?

How do I verify that saveState is working correctly?  After stepping through
the code, doe not look like the <t:saveState does anything at all.

thanks for your help