myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XHTML Strict
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:12:30 GMT
> > I don't know if removing the name attribute from the form-element is
> > HTML 4.01 compatible but i think so. This wold be my first proposal.

Seems like the easiest way to test this is to mock up a page and just
run it thorugh a validator.

> > The second is to wrap every hidden field rendered by the jsf-impl with
> > a div-Element.
>
> While this sounds really weird. Can you quote the HTML spec for this
> requierement?

I had someone else tell me that the requirement is that all input
elements must be wrapped in a div, so I've heard about this one
before.   It seems likely that this will be allowed by the JSF
renderkit spec, but you'll need to doublecheck the link I sent.