myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convert, skip validation and update model?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:16:38 GMT
I hadn't thought about that aspect.  It can still be done, but now
it's a bit more painful to implement as you'd need to generate the
values for actionFor.   Maybe what you've got is a better way to do it
in this case -- after all, you already have it working.

		<h:form>

			<!-- Input text field with a select item picker popup link. The form
				can have 1 to n of these -->
			<sandbox:subForm id="subform1">
				<h:inputText required="true">
					<sandbox:submitOnEvent for="link1"
				</h:inputText>
				<h:commandLink id="link1"
					actionListener="#{reportSelectionHandler.startSelectParameterValues}">
					<h:graphicImage url="foo.gif"/>
					<t:updateActionListener
					property="#{reportSelection.reportParameterName}" value="foo"/>
				</h:commandLink>
			</sandbox:subForm>

			<sandbox:subForm id="subform2">
				<h:inputText required="false">
					<sandbox:submitOnEvent for="link2"
				</h:inputText>
				<h:commandLink id="link2"
					actionListener="#{reportSelectionHandler.startSelectParameterValues}">
					<h:graphicImage url="foo.gif"/>
					<t:updateActionListener
					property="#{reportSelection.reportParameterName}" value="bar"/>
				</h:commandLink>
			</sandbox:subForm>

			[...]

			<sandbox:subForm id="subformN">
				<h:inputText required="false">
					<sandbox:submitOnEvent for="linkN"
				</h:inputText>
				<h:commandLink id="linkN"
					actionListener="#{reportSelectionHandler.startSelectParameterValues}">
					<h:graphicImage url="foo.gif"/>
					<t:updateActionListener
					property="#{reportSelection.reportParameterName}" value="bar"/>
				</h:commandLink>
			</sandbox:subForm>

			<t:commandButton value="get report"
				actionFor="form1,form2,...formN"
				actionListener="#{reportSelectionHandler.fetchReport}"/>

		</h:form>