myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Nebinger, David" <dnebin...@tbbgl.com>
Subject RE: servlet and portlet in the same time?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:52:47 GMT
Spring context would be valid, but the backing beans would probably not be.

It is the typical problem of having two active servlets, but in one case the servlet is a
portal which is accessing parts of your servlet code.  If you consider it to be two separate
servlets (which it is), you can understand why beans in one servlet would not be visible within
another servlet.

________________________________

	From: Olivier Ziller [mailto:olivier.ziller.lists@gmail.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:49 PM
	To: MyFaces Discussion
	Subject: Re: servlet and portlet in the same time?

	hello,

	Nebinger, David a écrit :

			is it possible to have both a jsf portlet and a jsf servlet
			running in the same time in a web application? and sharing
			the same facescontext?

		I doubt it.  The faces context is based upon the incoming request
		information, etc.  But the two incoming paths (portlet and servlet) take
		different paths.

		The portlet request comes via the main portal servlet, while the servlet
		request is on it's own.

		The obvious solution is to include any parameter information on the
		incoming servlet request that you need to generate the pdf by the
		servlet.

	my wish was to reuse my spring context and corresponding backed beans

	regards