myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject Re: modifying faces servlet to let view be loaded from a data base by default
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:03:09 GMT
I guess an alternative would be to simply write a *component* that
dynamically creates its child components based on data from the database.

Then you would be using a normal view-handler, with a page definition
that looks like:
<ui:whatever>
   <xx:dbDrivenComponent db="..." def="..."/>
</ui:whatever>

and this custom component then creates the necessary children.

Regards,

Simon