myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tiles problem
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:58:58 GMT
Jörn Zaefferer schrieb:

> Now my eclipse-based IDE think I'm editing a JSP and provides content
> assist for all standard JSF components.
>
> The support still isn't as good as for JSPs because I don't provide the
> IDE with tlds for "custom" tags or components. But I can live with that,
> facelets makes my work easy enough anyway.

True, the main problem is the lack of a decent xhtml/xmlns support in
most ides.
Facelets does not do anything really problematic, it provides xmlns
tags and it uses xhmtl, thats basically it.

The only thing I can see is that if you use custom attributes in
your compositions the normal xhtml editors fall flat on their face,
thats pretty much the only facelet specific thing I can see.
The main problem is the lousy support of xhtml/xmlns in most editors.