myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomahawk release plans?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:50:28 GMT
Jörn Zaefferer schrieb:
> Okay, maybe velocity isn't the right tool as a viewhandler, but how
> about a renderer? The renderer only renders HTML, no need to worry about
> templating or building a component tree.

I personally would go along the way of having velocity as the renderer
instead of the outputwriter api.
Matzes approach was good, but it falls short on the problem that he
initializes velocity on component level, it has to be initialized on
request or session level and keep the component tree or its compiles in ram.

Basically having a velocity renderer with the component as model would
be the most feasable approach and would not interfer with existing view
handlers.

Also it would shift the renderer towards a target language side instead
of keeping it nailed down on the java side, where you have to fight the
cured printWriter api.