myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: automatically open modalDialog
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:49:49 GMT
simon.s schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I have a s:moadalDialog, that I want to be opened when the page is loaded.
> OnLoad does not function.

alternatively to the timed notifier, you can gain access
to the generated javascript var, set a simple javascript
which uses a timeout to initialize the dialog after 500 miliseconds or so.

you can then display the dialog viar dialogVar.show();....

Onload is inherently problematic, most javascript related browsercrashes
and rendering lockups I have seen so far were (and all of them in ie)
related to onloads.

Alternatively you can use dojos onload function, but I assume internally
 dojo pushes critical code as well just into timeouts.