myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Solved] MyFaces cyrillic
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:48:37 GMT
Paul Iov schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> It's definitively the Eclipse (probably win32 only) issue! I've had the
> same problem (but unfortunately no exact solution). If one switches the
> encoding of EXISTING file, let's say, from 1251 to UTF8,  some
> characters becomes converted in very strange way. I.e. German umlaut
> becomes expanded into 4 monkey characters and stay in this state after
> switching back. This should affect the resource files as well.

That is expected eclipse behavior, eclipse tries to retain the data as
valid as possible,
which means if you code a file in iso for instance and then switch to
utf, it keeps the byte values but displays the utf data.

you can try it out, code something with special chars switch the
encoding and switch it back, at the back switch the data will be ok again.

everything you type anew is in the new encoding however.