myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Grange, John" <John.Gra...@uk.thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: how to use a javascript source in a component
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:37:49 GMT
Another point to note, is that if you are in the mindset to put script
references (and css, etc) in the head, then your code will be more difficult
to port to a portlet environment (a fact that is causing significant pain
trying to find workable jsf frameworks for portlets)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Harley [mailto:jon@parkplatz.net]
Sent: 08 March 2007 10:40
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: how to use a javascript source in a component

Simon Kitching wrote:
> Simon Kitching wrote:>
>> For external script the problem is that it is only valid for these
>> script references to be in the HEAD section.
>
> Sorry, this is not true. However it is much more useful for such tags to
>  be in the head section anyway..

Why useful?

I read some research a while back that said that the popular
browsers pause from rendering while external scripts are loaded -
so the page gets rendered fastest if external script references
are all at the end of the body section. So that's where I put mine.

J.
           Dr Jonathan Harley   .
                                .   Email: jon@parkplatz.net
            Zac Parkplatz Ltd   .   Office Telephone: 024 7633 1375
            www.parkplatz.net   .   Mobile: 079 4116 0423

Thales UK Ltd (Wells) DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail
is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in
this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. We may monitor all
e-mail communications through our networks. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please inform us immediately on +44 (0) 1749 672081 and delete it
and all copies from your system. We accept no responsibility for changes to
any e-mail which occur after it has been sent.  Attachments to this e-mail
may contain software viruses which could damage your system.  We therefore
recommend you virus-check all attachments before opening. A business of
Thales UK Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Dashwood Lang Road, The Bourne Business
Park, Addlestone, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2NX Registered in England No.
868273