myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Eugine Fosah" <eugi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Faces context not found
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:30:51 GMT
Hi everyone out there

I am developing an application with JSF. I am having the follwing in my
web.xml.

<servlet> <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
<load-on-startup> 1 </load-on-startup> </servlet> <!-- Faces Servlet
Mapping
--> <servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping>

My index page has the following. When the appilcation is loaded, the page
that has to be shown is the index page. I however always get the following
exception:

" Faces context not found. getResponseWriter will fail. Check if the
FacesServlet has been initialized at all in your web.xml. 29.03.2007
20:14:56 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
"Faces context not found. getResponseWriter will fail. Check if the
FacesServlet has been initialized at all in your web.xml."
On the browser I see a NullpointerException pointinmg to the line where I
use EL to gat a bean property which I defined. "#{datebean.dateString } This
bean and properties have all been properly
set.

Can anyone help?
thanks in advance

Der neue MSN Messenger. Schreiben.Sehen.Hören. Wie im echten Leben. -
http://www.imagine-msn.com/messenger/default2.aspx?locale=de Jetzt
herunterladen!