myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Madhav Bhargava" <Madhav_Bharg...@infosys.com>
Subject how does UICommand execute the action binding?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:25:12 GMT

Hi All,

HtmlCommandLink and HtmlCommandButton extend UICommand component class.

UICommand creates 2 MethodBindings - action and actionListener.

I was looking at the code for UICommand class and I could locate where
the registered actionListeners were getting executed - broadcast method
but I was not able to figure out where the action method was getting
invoked and how does NavigationHandler takes control from there on.

In NavigationHandler javadoc the following is mentioned:

public abstract void handleNavigation(javax.faces.context.FacesContext
context,
                                      java.lang.String fromAction,
                                      java.lang.String outcome)

Parameters:

context - The FacesContext
<http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/1.1/docs/api/javax/faces/con
text/FacesContext.html>  for the current request

fromAction - The action binding expression that was evaluated to
retrieve the specified outcome, or null if the outcome was acquired by
some other means

outcome - The logical outcome returned by a previous invoked application
action (which may be null)

Does it mean that if I create a MethodBinding out of an action EL
expression and then invoke the same, then will it execute the action
method and then automatically call the method specified above to
navigate to next view according to the navigation rules defined?

Any insight into this will be helpful.

Regards,

Madhav

e-mail system.