myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From PeshoChuka <mail_a_pet...@abv.bg>
Subject Re: [Solved] MyFaces cyrillic
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:07:35 GMT

Yes i change it to:

<%@page language="java" pageEncoding="utf-8" contentType="text/html;
charset=utf-8" %>



Werner Punz-2 wrote:
> 
> also
> 
> <%@page language="java" pageEncoding="WINDOWS-1251"
>>>> contentType="text/html;
>>>> charset=WINDOWS-1251" %>
> 
> if you have not done that change that as well...
> 
> 
> PeshoChuka schrieb:
>>    Thanks for the answere. I used the eclipse to change the encoding of
>> propertyfiles
>> to UTF-8. And also the encoding of JSP files to UTF-8 unfortunatly there
>> is
>> no change in
>> the status. Still only monkeys display. Is it possible the JBoss to
>> interfere somehow?
>> Thanks!
>> 
>> 
>> Werner Punz-2 wrote:
>>> Ok I indeed assume you have an encoding problem, the webpage probably
>>> has a different encoding than your resource file,
>>> but why wincp 1251, utf8 can handle cyrillc to my knowledge...
>>> if it is because you program in windows, eclipse has an encoding setting
>>> for the editors where you can switch encodings (in newer versions the
>>> default encoding has been moved into the file associations).
>>>
>>> It is better to stick with utf8 throghout every possible layer that has
>>> been my experience so far, which means, webpage utf8, resource files
>>> utf8 database utf8, many other charsetzs have browser incompatibilities
>>> or are not supported properly entirely.
>>> (For instance if you go with ISO charsets you run into euro problems on
>>> ie, or general encoding problems on ie forms)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> PeshoChuka schrieb:
>>>>   Sory if this is not the right place for this posting but i really
>>>> don't
>>>> have an idea and i suspect everything at this moment.
>>>> Hi, i am trying to start a simple JSF application that display
>>>> cyrillic.
>>>> The application is exactly one <h:outputtext>. I am using eclipse and
i
>>>> needed to change the encoding to Windows-1251.
>>>>
>>>> <%@page language="java" pageEncoding="WINDOWS-1251"
>>>> contentType="text/html;
>>>> charset=WINDOWS-1251" %>
>>>> <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
>>>> <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>
>>>> <f:loadBundle basename="resources.application" var="bundle"/>
>>>> <f:view>
>>>> <html>
>>>> <head> 
>>>> <h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.title']}" />
>>>> </head>
>>>> <body>
>>>> <h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.heading']}" />
>>>> <h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.message']}" />
>>>> </body>
>>>> </html>
>>>> </f:view>
>>>>
>>>> In the browser the cyrrilic is broken. I set the browser encoding to
>>>> CP1251.
>>>> I tryed the same example with UTF8.
>>>> I use JBOSS 4.0.5
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for the help. I really try to search the forum for the same
>>>> problem
>>>> but i couldnt find a solution.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/MyFaces-cyrillic-tf3360867.html#a9350011
Sent from the MyFaces - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message