myfaces-users mailing list archives

From PeshoChuka <mail_a_pet...@abv.bg>
Subject MyFaces cyrillic
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:08:27 GMT

  Sory if this is not the right place for this posting but i really don't
have an idea and i suspect everything at this moment.
Hi, i am trying to start a simple JSF application that display cyrillic.
The application is exactly one <h:outputtext>. I am using eclipse and i
needed to change the encoding to Windows-1251.

<%@page language="java" pageEncoding="WINDOWS-1251" contentType="text/html;
charset=WINDOWS-1251" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>
<f:loadBundle basename="resources.application" var="bundle"/>
<f:view>
<head>
<h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.title']}" />
</head>
<h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.heading']}" />
<h:outputText value="#{bundle['welcome.message']}" />
</f:view>

In the browser the cyrrilic is broken. I set the browser encoding to CP1251.
I tryed the same example with UTF8.
I use JBOSS 4.0.5

Thanks for the help. I really try to search the forum for the same problem
but i couldnt find a solution.