myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomahawk release plans?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:12:56 GMT
I know that one of the biggest hold-ups for me is that I don't know
enough about Maven to set up a tomahawk-facelets module for dealing
with it.

The second issue is getting a form of code generation up and running
to handle all of the configuration files.  This might be in place by
this point, but even if it wasn't, Trinidad has a good solution in
place that could be ported over to deal with code generation issues.

Once the infrastructure was in place, it'd be a lot easier to address
all of the issues for individual components.

On 3/14/07, Jeff Bischoff <jbischoff@klkurz.com> wrote:
> I agree, it would be great if that were part of the distro. Problem is,
> Facelets still isn't officially supported by Tomahawk, and thus
> developers don't have to ensure their components will work in Facelets,
> let alone provide the configuration and handler classes. Seems like a
> huge number of the userbase is already using or migrating to Facelets,
> though, so I would expect to see Facelet support improve over time. This
> is, of course, a community project!
>
> Tis said that to move a mountain, one must begin by carrying small
> stones. To that end, every little bit helps - like updating the wiki, or
> providing little patches to improve facelets compatibility (such as
> TOMAHAWK-914). Maybe soon we can get it where everything works great out
> of the box. :D
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff Bischoff
> Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.
>
> Jörn Zaefferer wrote:
> > Ok, good to know someone is working on that. Still, it seems like a good
> > idea to stuff that into the official release, "forcing" every commiter to
> > provide the necessary  descriptions or even custom tag handlers. In most
> > cases, its only three or four lines of xml, nothing compared to the
> > tld-effort.
> >
> > I can't imagine to use JSF ever again without Facelets... It just doesn't
> > make any sense ;)
> >
> > On 3/14/07, Jeff Bischoff <jbischoff@klkurz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> When I say "update the Wiki" here, I am specifically talking about the
> >> taglib.xml mantained there.

It