myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting default value for input field?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:34:55 GMT
Most people create one backing bean per page.   So you'd simply set
the default values on that backing bean.

One thing you could do is use t:updateActionListener to initialize the
default values on the UICommand that takes you to the next page.

In JSF, the data is stored in the backing beans, not in the page code,
so trying to set default values in the page code isn't a good fit.