myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Jörn Zaefferer" <joern.zaeffe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tomahawk release plans?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:52:20 GMT
Absolutely! The JSF API itself isn't enough to write components without
duplicating tons of code. You either do duplication, or depend on a
particular implementation of the API.

And this isn't just a problem with JSF alone. I wanted to replace the
default month renderer on tomahawks schedule component. I've now ended by
extending Renderer directly, I can't even reuse a single line of the
AbstractWhateverScheduleRenderers. Instead I have to duplicate parts of them
in my own renderer.

About the three classes: When I want to quickly create my own component for
handle a particular problem, I need only the component class itself and my
facelets taglib. The component can do the rendering.

Once I'd have those components ready to publish to a greater audience I
wouldn't mind writing renderer and tag classes.