myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Strittmatter, Stephan" <Stephan.Strittmat...@sybit.de>
Subject RE: Question: Style for "Browse"-button of "inputFileUpload"?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:56:45 GMT
Hi thorsters,

no, it is nt possible. Your guess was correct. It _is_ an "<input
type="file">" in HTML.

Regards,

Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: thosters [mailto:thosters@orga-systems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:55 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Question: Style for "Browse"-button of "inputFileUpload"?

Hi all!

I am using an "inputFileUpload" to upload files, which works fine!
However I cannot apply a css-style to the "browse"-button, it still
looks
like a standard browser button.

Since it did not work so far, my guess would be that "inputFileUpload"
acts
like "<input type="file">" in HTML, where you cannot style the
"browse"-button as well (see forum entry
http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/1139 here  for a
discussion on that issue).

So that is my question:
   Is it possible to apply a css-style to the "browse"-button of an
"inputFileUpload"?

Thanks for your replies,

Regards,

thosters