myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject Re: Submit form, validate input, open response in new window?
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:57:00 GMT
Marko Asplund wrote:
> hi
>
> I need to do the following in my JSF application:
> - submit a form with input text fields
> - validate form input
> - if conversion or validation results in errors, show the original form
> - if input is ok, open a new window and load a JSF response in it.
> Input form window is left unchanged.
>
> One option I can come up with would be to include a piece of
> Javascript in the form page on postback that would open up a new
> window and load the JSF view in it. Does this sound workable? How do I
> generate Javascript code that would result in invoking a JSF action
> method in a browser window?

How about:
   <t:div rendered="#{pageBean.showPopup}">
     <f:verbatim>
       <script type="text/javascript">
         window.open("/popup.jsf", "popupwin", "....");
       </script>
     </f:verbatim>
   </t:div>

Then in your method that is connected to the commandButton used to
submit the page, just set a flag so that showPopup returns true.

The flag will be false initially, so the script won't render. After a
successful submit, showPopup will return true so the script is rendered
and the window will open.

Regards,

Simon