myfaces-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: SIMPLE question - How can I get &nbsp; to work
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:13:54 GMT
Hi, if you want "literally" the four character & n b s p ; in the
output, you must do this:

<h:outputText value=”&amp;nbsp;” escape=”false”/>

the &...; entities are read by xml parser and never seen by facelets,
moreover the xml parser itself has no notion of the &nbsp; entity and
will fail to parse it

However, non breakable space is only a special character, that is also
reachable via it's unicode value, so you can simply write

&#xA0;

instead of all the awfull outputText thingy. It will not issue a &nbsp;
in the output html but will issue a non visual character having same
behaviour.
En l'instant précis du 21/03/07 14:54, Charbel Abdul-Massih s'exprimait
en ces termes: