myfaces-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject setting default value for input field?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:50:30 GMT
Hello,

I need to design a form in JSF where there are various default value for
various fields.
However, the default value is separated from the backing bean (it's
something to display in initial form). I am not sure how to do this, i
don't see in h:inputHidden anything that relate to a default value.

I need to convert this struts form:

to a JSF form, but i don't know where to put the '15' and
'param.searchScope' in JSf

setting <h:inputHidden value="#{theForm.requestedNodeResults}"/> does
not set the default value to 15.

Any suggestion to set default value? Do i have to do
<h:inputHidden
value="#{theForm.requestedNodeResults}">15</h:inputHidden> or something
like that? Can't find documentation on setting default form values...

Help appreciated.