myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject Re: tiles in myfaces1.1.4 doesn't work
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 02:53:15 GMT
James Gardener wrote:

> I sent two messages regarding the above problems to
> users@myfaces.apache.org <mailto:users@myfaces.apache.org> but have not
> received any replies.  I also searched recent threads regarding tiles
> without any luck.  I really don't want to give up myfaces because of the
> tiles problem.  Does anyone successfully implement tiles with myfaces,
> especially with menu + body + header layout?  Could you please post your
> successful samples?  Thank you very much.

I think you've got your answer James: no-one *is* using myfaces with
tiles. I guess they have all converted over to using facelets which
AFAIK comes with tiles-like functionality built in.

Remember that JSF is explicitly designed to support multiple ways to
define JSF component trees. JSP is just one of them. Facelets is
another; I haven't used it personally but many people say it is far
superior to JSP when working with JSF. As it sounds like you are
starting a new project you may wish to give it a try.

Regards,

Simon