myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making sure no user input is allowed whilst server is processing...[ajax for jsf]
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:18:45 GMT
Hi,

i take the following approach in order to get a freeze-screen during a
(native, non-ajax) request-response-cycle:

add the attribute onclick="waitDuringRequestDialogVar.show();" to your
command component which raises the submit.

<s:modalDialog dialogId="waitDuringRequestDialog"
dialogVar="waitDuringRequestDialogVar"
               dialogAttr="bgColor='white' bgOpacity='0.5'
toggle='fade' toggleDuration='250'"
               hiderIds="" styleClass="modalDialog">
    <h:panelGrid styleClass="modalDialogProgressBox centerAlign">
        <h:outputText value="#{text.modalDialogText_requestPending}"
styleClass="modalDialogText"/>
    </h:panelGrid>
</s:modalDialog>

which in turn makes the whole screen freezing as long as the new page
is rendered.

I didn`t try it out on my own, but in case of an ajax-request i think
you need to call the "waitDuringRequestDialogVar.show();" just before
the xmlhttprequest-call.

cheers,

Gerald

--