myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Veit Guna" <Veit.G...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Help !!! myfaces tomahawk JSF datatable component problem with Spring Web Flow...
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:07:25 GMT
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:39:41 +0100
Von: Werner Punz <werner.punz@gmail.com>
An: users@myfaces.apache.org
CC:
Betreff: Re: Help !!! myfaces tomahawk JSF datatable component problem with Spring Web Flow...

> Jörn Zaefferer schrieb:
> > I've tried to get Webflow working with JSF in a portlet enviroment. It
> > actually works, and JSFs binding and validation is much better then
> > Spring MVC's.
> >
> > According to the Webflow jira, there are problems with JSF and the
> > backbutton. But that is screwed in both portlet enviroments and JSF in
> > general anyway.
> >
> Portlets, maybe,
> jsf definitely no,
> both the ri and myfaces have mechanisms which do the back button properly
>
> Client side is clear with the state embedded in the form
> server side you can enable in both implementations a state history
> which is rolled back in a back button situation.

Is it really true with server side state saving? Where can I configure this history in myfaces?
and what is "rolled back" then?

I ran into trouble when I switched from client to server state saving because clicking the
back button in a flow didn't rollback the used objects. AFAIR this didn't happen with client
state saving because the object was serialized in the webpage. Because of the increased page-size
and traffic I switched to server state then. Currently I'm evualuating webflow components
like Shale-Dialog or Spring Webflow to get that object-page-state behavior again in combination
with auto-session-cleanup :).

Veit