myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will saveState cause memory leak?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:47:52 GMT
Dellee schrieb:
> thanks a lot simon,
> In fact i got a memory leakage in the application.
> there will be a list of components stored in cache using the saveState.
> Do u think the app server *may* miss-handle those "should be GC" component
> trees?

Actually I do not think so, most memory leaks in applications
occur due to errors in the handling of sessions,
(aka objects being pushed into the session and not
removed)
I would look along those lines.

Anyway, if you want to be sure that component tree handling is not the
cause of all this switch for a little bit of profiling and debugging
into client side state saving and check if the memory leak is gone.

I rather doubt it that it will be gone, but then you can be sure
that the component tree handlingn on your server is not the cause of this.
If it is still there
(In case of JSF I really doubht it, myfaces has been used
 thousands of times worldwide, and errors like
that in such a high severity would have been reported)

Werner