myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automated transaction handling
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:14:34 GMT
On 2/7/07, Werner Punz <werner.punz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right idea wrong tier of the application stack, automated transaction
> handling is in the realm
> of the middleware, I highly can recommend to have a look at EJB3 and/or
> Spring maybe even Seam.
> Thing is automated transaction handling is already covered
> by apis like Java Transaction API, the @Transactional annotation
> of Spring or EJB
> and or various other constructs in Spring or EJB.
> JSF itself is mainly the view layer.

I must admit, that I have no idea about Spring. However, the Java
Transaction API, and/or EJB do clearly not cover these topics. I
wouldn't want to like to discuss this in detail, but I know of no
application where I didn't require a UserTransaction sooner or later.
And then I am back to my original question: How do I control it
automatically?

Jochen

--
How fast can a year go? As fast as your childs first year.