myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "HENRY Pierre" <pierre.he...@unine.ch>
Subject RE: MasterDetail datatable, toggle all rows expanded, save state, detailStamp
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 07:52:11 GMT
Up ?
Anybody ?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : HENRY Pierre [mailto:pierre.henry@unine.ch]
Envoyé : mercredi, 31. janvier 2007 09:24
À : users@myfaces.apache.org
Objet : MasterDetail datatable, toggle all rows expanded, save state, detailStamp

Hello,

I am pretty new to JSF and MyFaces. I managed to use the master-detail feature of the extended
data table, and it works fine, except for 2 things :

First, Is it possible to set the initial state of the table to all rows expanded (currentDetailExpanded=true)
?

I found related threads e.g. here
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg31418.html and here http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg31509.html
but no real answer. Anybody can help with that ?

Secondly, is it possible to store the state of the table so that when I go to another page
(e.g. edition of one of the entities managed in the table or a new one) and then go back to
the table, the rows that were expanded still are expanded ? (something similar to the technique
used for storing the state of the scrolling here maybe :
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ManagingDataScrollerPage?highlight=%28dat
ascroller%29)

I am working with MyFaces 1.1.4 and Tomahawk 1.1.5 snapshot.

And finally here is my code for the table :

<t:dataTable
	headerClass="standardTable_Header"
	footerClass="standardTable_Header"
	rowClasses="standardTable_Row2"
	styleClass="standardTable"
	id="domainsDataTable"
	width="800px"
	align="left"
	border="0"
	cellspacing="2"
	cellpadding="2"
	var="domain"
	rows="10"
	preserveDataModel="true"
	rendered="true"
	value="#{domainsList.domains}"
	varDetailToggler="domainsDetailToggler"

	<t:column width="20px">
			<h:commandButton

rendered="#{domainsDetailToggler.currentDetailExpanded}"

action="#{domainsDetailToggler.toggleDetail}"

image="images/tree-collapse.gif">
			</h:commandButton>
			<h:commandButton

rendered="#{!domainsDetailToggler.currentDetailExpanded}"

action="#{domainsDetailToggler.toggleDetail}"
					image="images/tree-expand.gif">
			</h:commandButton>
	</t:column>

	<t:column width="700px">
			<f:facet name="header">

					<h:outputText

value="#{bundle.domain_name}"

style="width:30%" />

			</f:facet>
			<h:commandLink
					immediate="true"
					action="go_domainForm"
					rendered="true"
					value="#{domain.name}">
					<t:updateActionListener

property="#{domainForm.domainId}"

value="#{domain.domainId}" />
			</h:commandLink>
	</t:column>

	<t:column width="120px">
			<f:facet name="header">
					<h:outputText
value="#{bundle.lists_action}" />
			</f:facet>

			<h:panelGrid columns="5">

					<h:commandButton
							immediate="true"

action="#{domainForm.moveUp}"
							rendered="true"

value="#{bundle.lists_action_edit}"

title="#{bundle.lists_action_edit}"

image="images/icons/arrow-up.gif">

<t:updateActionListener

property="#{domainForm.domainId}"

value="#{domain.domainId}" />
					</h:commandButton>

					Some other buttons here...

			</h:panelGrid>
	</t:column>

	<f:facet name="detailStamp">

		Here comes a t:dataTable really similar to the main Data table.

	</f:facet>

	<f:facet name="footer">

	</f:facet>

</t:dataTable>