myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TOMAHAWK] Facelets support was (RE: [Solved] Unable to display Suggested Items using Sandbox component s:inputAjaxSuggest)
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:41:14 GMT
As always, it's not a matter of do we want it, it's a matter of who's
going to do it, and how.
For there to be any integrated solution, it has to be a complete
solution since it is my understanding that it is not possible to
override whatever facelet tags we define.   Thus, we probably will
need to code-generate the taglib.xml files in order to keep them
up-to-date since the person working on a particular component may not
realize they need to change the facelets portion of the component
taghandler.

It would be good if the facelets support were in a separate maven
module so that the main Tomahawk code does not depend upon facelets.

What you propose sounds great -- when will you provide patches to
implement it? :-)