myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Lisa <apache_supp...@purpleblade.net>
Subject Re: [Solved] selectList - how to pass a parameter to backing bean method from XHTML?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:10:19 GMT

We need to build a pulldowns (select list boxes) on the front end (select
lists, check boxes etc) and do not want to write a getter for each one.  We
simply want a generic method that we call throughout the application called
"getList(String s).

String s is a key into a types table that, when used for the query will
return everything needed in the list.

I thought this would be the simplest approach instead of having to write a
method that sets a string and passes it to a function that builds
List<SelectItem>.

It would be better to simply have the String s in the XHTML, that calls 1
method (used throughout the app) that will build and return the
List<SelectItem> based on the string (param) in the XHTML.

at first look it seems like <f:param> would work but I can not seem to get
this to work to pass any params to my backing bean.