myfaces-users mailing list archives

From mjovanov <mihajlo.jovano...@jpmchase.com>
Subject Issue with popupFrame and Validation
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:56:43 GMT

Hi, we are using popupFrame on a page with a bunch of form fields. A user
should be able to open a popup even if there are validation errors on the
page. So, we have the immediate property set to "true" on the popup
component (we are using jenia4faces popupFrame btw). Everything works fine,
user is able to use the popup; however when the popup tries to refresh the
parent page (using jeniaClosePopupFrameWithAction event) all of the values
from the other form fields are lost.  My understanding is that, because we
are using immediate="true", we are effectively bypassing the validation
phase and as a result model values are not updated.

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue?  Surely this is a pretty
common scenario for using a popup in a form.  I did notice that some of the
other form fields which are also marked as immediate="true" actually do
retain their values: so would a good solution be to set all of the other
form fields to use immediate="true"? Is this possible even if a component
does not have an Action Listener registered?