myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject Re: Problem with missing CSS classes for subtags
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:41:31 GMT
Bogdan Mocanu wrote:

> my project. On my JSP page I
> have a CSS class which defines a style specific for the <td> element.
> This completely brokes my layout

How about:

.yearMonthHeader * {
   style-stuff
}

I believe this will override the rule with selector "td" only (though I
would have to check the selector priority rules to be sure).

Possibly this change could be made to the master calendar stylesheet
embedded in tomahawk...

> In my opinion this is a bug of Tomahawk, since it should label all the
> tags with CSS classes. A simple
>
> solution to this would consist of making all the subtags (like the <td>
> one) declare the class of their
>
> parent tag (the <tr> one in our example) if they don’t have a special
> class specified.

But that would make the page significantly larger to solve a problem
that most people don't have. I'd not be very keen on that.

> Another solution would be to add some new attributes, that will allow
> the customization of the tags
>
> that don’t have already an attribute for this. Then the user would be
> able to specify the class for the row,
>
> as well as the class for the inner cells. In my opinion this second
> solution is better than the first one.

It certainly has less negative effect for people who don't have your issue.

Regards,

Simon